The #1 annual internal medicine guide that clinicians turn to first―extensively revised and updated
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions that arise in everyday clinical practice. Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, this trusted classic offers expert advice on all aspects of outpatient and inpatient medical care. You’ll find authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders including concise, yet thorough synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. Presented in full-color, this single source reference has been fully updated with the latest developments and breakthroughs in medicine, guidelines, references, drug prices, and more.
This essential clinical companion features:
• A strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management
• Detailed review of all internal medicine disciplines, including geriatrics, preventive medicine, and palliative care, plus gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, ophthalmology, neurology, psychiatry, and more
• An annual update on HIV/AIDS and other new, emerging viral infections
• Specific information regarding disease prevention and prognosis
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices
• Key recent references on each topic with PMID numbers for quick online access
• Many full-color photographs, tables, figures and other illustrations
This new edition has:
• Extensive updating of tables and images
• New FDA-approved medication for multiple sclerosis
• New summary of recommended FDA treatment regimens for hepatitis C
• U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations for osteoporosis, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, and cervical cancer
• Extensive update of immune modulation therapy and adjuvant treatments of breast cancer
• Targeted therapies for advanced non-small cell lung cancers
• Thoroughly revised chapter on viral and rickettsial infections, including recent measles, polio, and acute flaccid paralysis outbreaks, and on related immunizations
• Clarification of the appropriate role of opioids and buprenorphine formulations in chronic pain management
• Revised section on health care for sexual and gender minority patients
• Information on new biologic agents for asthma, and many other disorders
This app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The powerful search tool gives you word suggestions that appear in the text as you type, so it is lightning fast and helps with spelling those long medical terms. The search tool also keeps a recent history of past search terms so you can go back to a previous search result very easily. You have the ability to create notes and bookmarks separately for text, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
After the app has been downloaded, no internet connection is needed to retrieve the content of the app. All of the text and images are available to you on your device anytime, anywhere, and lightning fast. This app is also automatically optimized for whatever size device you are currently using, either phone or tablet.
Check out https://usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app contains the full content of CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment CMDT 2020 by McGraw-Hill Education.
Maxine A. Papadakis, MD
Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste