The CCO Decision Support mobile app is an easy-to-use, point-of-care educational resource for healthcare professionals that provides clear expert guidance on a variety of patient case scenarios across multiple specialty areas, including hepatitis, internal medicine and oncology.
CCO’s Interactive Decision Support Tools include hundreds of patient case variations based on key factors defined by the experts as those that guide treatment choices in their practice. Expert recommendations and consensus guidelines (where available) are then consulted to provide customized recommendations for each specific patient scenario. Recommendations are provided for educational purposes only and can be used to support a clinician’s own everyday decision-making.
HOW TO USE
1. Select a decision support tool that fits your current clinical need from a variety of medical specialties and topics
2. Enter specific patient characteristics of interest through a series of multiple-choice questions
3. Optionally, look up information about each characteristic to better understand why they are necessary to consider when making management choices
4. Instantly see the expert recommendations for your scenario and consider your practice plan
5. Learn more by reviewing additional online content or entering a new case
Expert guidance: The IDST provides detailed treatment recommendations and perspective from renowned experts in their field along with consensus guidelines, where available.
Patient-specific and disease-specific considerations: Through a series of multiple-choice questions, customize the tool for an individual patient setting of interest and indicate your preliminary choice of treatment.
Customized treatment recommendation: A report with specific treatment recommendations for your patient case is generated for your consideration in clinical decision-making. The report can be emailed to you or a colleague for enduring use and further education. Discussion of the nuanced rationale supporting the expert choices is illustrated in accompanying online activities.
All decision support tools in this app have been developed through CME- or CE-certified educational programs supported by educational grants. You may be eligible to claim CME/CE credit for your participation. Review the activity information available within our certified tools to learn more.