Looking for tools to help you stay on track in your recovery from addiction to alcohol or other drugs? Field Guide to Life is intended for use by those who are new to recovery, but can be used by anyone who is seeking support staying sober one day at a time.
Created by Hazelden Publishing, Field Guide to Life includes inspiring daily messages that can be shared with friends, a sober counter visible anytime you open the app, a handy list of the 12 Steps, videos featuring recovery experts, a customizable home screen, and more. No in-app purchase required.
• Daily guidance and inspiration: A full year of inspirational messages and activities to support your first year of recovery.
• Favorites and share: Save and retrieve your favorite daily messages and share them with a friend.
• Daily reminders: Set the time of day to receive a notification to read the daily message.
• Videos: Hear positive messages from recovery experts and others in recovery.
• Sober counter: Enter your sober birthday so you can view your sober stats anytime you open the app.
• Stop cravings, stay motivated: Upload images of family, friends, passions, and whatever else keeps you motivated in order to help stop cravings.
• Progress tracker: Track your obstacles in recovery such as stress, anger, and anxiety. Also track the ways you tackle those challenges such as mediation, honesty, and exercise.
• Your support system: Reach out to your support system, such as a sponsor, at the touch of the SOS button.
• Relapse prevention: Know what causes relapse and create a response plan to avoid it.
The White House Behavioral Health Patient Empowerment Challenge award was presented to Hazelden Publishing for its Field Guide to Life app for providing crucial first-year support to people newly recovering from addiction.