The Vikings is an interactive learning app designed to cover the fierce battles, rich culture and enduring legacy of the Viking age. The app spans from the Vikings’ initial invasions of Britain in the eighth century to the Battle of Hastings in 1066. It provides a detailed account of everyday life under Viking rule, from Norse sagas to Viking gods. Available offline for mobiles and tablets, the app is full of activities, creative exercises and quizzes to encourage independent learning.
• Viking raids on Britain – including the Great Army
• Viking rulers – including King Cnut
• The Viking way of life – including art, literature and the experiences of Viking women
• Viking religion and the Pagan gods.
• Viking warships and merchant ships
• The discovery of Iceland, Greenland and America
• The Viking legacy
• The influence of the Old Norse language.
This learning app is designed in line with the KS2 curriculum and will also be of interest to older readers. Once it has been downloaded onto your tablet or phone, you can access all the content offline, so you can take your learning with you. The nimbl technology will also save your notes, activity answers and quiz scores, even when you are using it offline. That means you’ll never lose track of your progress, no matter where you are.
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste