Written by headteacher and best-selling writer Ali Dakin, SPaG Silver is ideal for helping your child learn key words and concepts.
This resource maps to the National Curriculum for Years 3, 4 and 5, but may also help older children to consolidate their learning.
For Key Stage 1, see SPaG Bronze.
For Year 6 and lower Key Stage 3, see SPaG Gold.
SPaG Silver covers grammar, sentences, prefixes and suffixes, spelling and punctuation with lessons and quizzes for each topic, as well as over 250 audio spelling questions and over 100 activities.
SPaG Silver uses nimbl technology to save your child's notes, activity answers and quiz scores. Quizzes are self-marking for instant feedback, and can be retaken multiple times so your child can improve their scores.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can access all content including audio offline, giving your child the freedom to learn on the go, any time, anywhere.
If you have login details from your school, download the nimbl library application instead.
• Grammar - including parts of speech, prepositions, determiners, modal verbs and simple tenses
• Sentences - including conjunctions, subject-verb agreement, phrases, main and relative clauses, passive voice and formal/informal language.
• Prefixes and suffixes including common prefixes and suffixes, extended range of word endings, and consonant doubling.
• Spelling - including plurals, silent letters, homophones, homonyms, synonyms and antonyms.
• Punctuation - including speech marks, contractions, apostrophes, semicolons, colons and bullet points.
• Mixed practice