An educational game to learn the location of notes on the fretboard of the guitar and other stringed instruments. Eleven instruments are available, including bass (4/5/6 strings), mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
You are presented with a random note on the fretboard, and are offered a variety of choices for the correct answer. Just pick the button corresponding to the correct choice to score a hit!
The new staff training mode also helps you learn the position of notes on the musical staff on the fretboard of your instrument.
As your score gets better and you manage to identify notes faster across the entire fretboard, your working knowledge of the instrument increases!
Game mode provides a fun way to make progress. Work your way through levels of increasing difficulty and compete with your friends!
WHAT ARTISTS SAY ABOUT THE APP
“ Learning the notes on the fretboard is key to any guitarist's development on the instrument, and [Fretuoso] is a neat way to get that info burned into your brain without having to carry a guitar with you everywhere you go. Pretty cool! ”
-- Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Steve Vai, Mike Keneally)
“ This is one of the best apps I've seen in a while. It's simple, fun and educational. Very useful for guitar players as a lot of [them] tend to play by ear and not care much about knowing the fretboard. ”
-- Rick Musallam (Mike Keneally, Gryphon Labs)
- Train your ear while improving your working knowledge of the instrument.
- Learn the position of notes on the musical staff; say goodbye to tabs!
- Ten different beautiful, realistic-looking instruments! Includes 4 guitars, 3 basses, mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
- Focus your training on particular parts of the fretboard: any range of frets, any subset of the strings.
- Many common tunings are built in, but custom tunings can also be created.
- Visualize your progress on the fretboard; statistics are kept for every fret.
- Smart Learning Engine: the app automatically focuses on sections of the fretboard where you are weaker.
- Integration with Game Center, Twitter and Facebook: compete with your friends and share your progress!
- Left-handed mode is available.
This version comes with free access to a limited subset of each of the available instruments. Each of the instruments can be fully unlocked via in-app purchase.