In the first-millennium BC, the ancient Middle East was dominated by the mighty Assyrian Empire, a militaristic, bureaucratic state that spanned territory from Egypt in the west to Iran in the east. Thousands of clay letters, accounts and other records, detailing the everyday business of ancient Mesopotamia, were buried for centuries under the ruins of the imperial capitals. Excavated in the nineteenth century, published online in the twenty-first, this app offers a fast, offline interface to these documents for historical research.
- View letters from the Open Richly Annotated Cuneiform Corpus offline in an optimised interface, featuring tabbed panes and glossary lookup.
- Download only the volumes you need
- Search for letters by title, catalogue number, chapter or sender metadata. A keyboard toolbar allows for easy entry of characters used in Akkadian transliteration not easily accessible via default input methods
- Integrated glossary with lookup of headwords in context
- View detailed catalogue info and easily access the online Oracc.org edition
- Full support for external keyboard shortcuts
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste