Brinkmann/Blaha: Data Systems and Communications Dictionary, German-English/English-German, 6., revised edition, 2002
The Brinkmann "Data Systems and Communications Dictionary" has conquered a leading position in the area of specialized dictionaries in the more than 25 years since the first edition was published, and due to its quality, it has become an established name.
The sixth edition (2002) reflects the rapid progress in all areas of information technology and communications. Compared to the last edition, the dictionary has been substantially reworked.
Though thousands of outdated terms have been deleted, the entry number has grown by 30% to 63,000 entries in the German-English and 61,000 entries in the English-German part.
To take into account the fusion of IT and telecommunication and the latest developments in these fields, a multitude of terms from the fields of networking technology, internet, mobile communications technology, switching engineering and communications transmission engineering have been included.
Also modern programming languages like Java have been considered as well as recent developments in XML and HTML. National and international standards are incorporated as much as possible and also the results of the German spelling reform.
Numerous technical explanations and thousands of definitions provide a better understanding of the terms themselves. The author distinguishes clearly between the different meanings of individual terms where appropriate.
A comprehensive reference work for translators, engineers and users which has proven its worth time and again in the day-to-day working environment.
About the UniLex-App for iPhone and iPad
- clear and intuitive user interface
- automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "capital" will also find "bond capital" and "to use block capitals".
- filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the iPad-app
- offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste