Back in the “old days”, producers and engineers created delay and echo effects using tape machines. Tap Delay combines the warm sound of vintage tape echo machines with a modern, step sequencer-like tapped delay engine which continues the tradition of the tape echo machines into the 21st century.
The Tape simulation includes all relevant aspects for the recreation of a faithful analog tape sound:
• Compression and Saturation
• Tape hiss
• Tape head bias
• Wow and Flutter (Tape speed instability)
• Smooth speed / delay time changes
Three feedback filters with hipass/lowpass and bandpass characteristic simplify the creation of authentic dub echo effects.
The built-in Limiter allows for endless feedback sounds.
Use live input from any source - Microphone, Guitar, Audiobus and Inter App Audio - or take a song from your iTunes library for processing.
• Multi-tap delay machine
• 24 taps for rhythmic delay effects
• Tape simulation ( Saturation, Noise, Flutter )
• Alias free tape saturation through oversampling.
• MIDI controllable including Tempo sync
• Delay loop equalizer for dub effect.
• Glitch free simulation of variable tape speeds.
• Spatial echo rotation effect.
• Audiobus 3 compatible with state saving
• IAA compatible ( Auria, Cubasis, Garageband ).
• AudioUnit AUv3 with parameter automation.
• Ableton Link.
• Integrated iTunes player.