Performance Editor Essential is a Core MIDI application that enables you to edit the performances of a Yamaha synthesizer from an iPad. You can configure the MEQ and effects, which are used often in editing, in addition to arpeggiator settings, voice combinations, and each voice's key range. Performance Editor Essential also has an XY pad for controlling parameters in real time. You can also control the tap tempo and volume.
*Yamaha MOTIF XF offers you the WiFi connection which enables wireless control.
*If you use the Yamaha i-MX1 iPhone/iPad MIDI Interface or MD-BT01 Bluetooth wireless MIDI adaptor, you can connect to other MIDI instrument.
*Compatible model:MOTIF XF, MOX, S90XS, S70XS, MOTIF XS, MOXF6/MOXF8.
Voice Select Mode
- You can configure layer, split, and other settings by selecting the voice for each part and setting the value for Note Limit.
- You can smoothly select voices from categories.
- In MEQ mode, you can graphically manipulate a 5-band equalizer by touching a graph with your finger.
- You can also manipulate the Q by pinching and spreading your fingers.
- In Effect mode, you can control the parameters of each block: Insertion Switch, Chorus, Reverb, and Master Effect. You can also control sending, returning, and panning.
- In a single display, you can configure the arpeggiator settings (type, on/off, hold, etc.) for each part.
- You can smoothly select types from categories.
XY Pad mode
- You can assign up to five parameters to the X and Y axes and control the parameters at the same time.
- A MIDI Control Change message is sent to control the parameters in the actual device.
AEG Attack, AEG Decay, AEG Sustain, AEG Release, FEG Attack,
FEG Decay, FEG Sustain, FEG Depth, Cutoff, Resonance, Volume, Pan,
Assign 1,2, Reverb Send, Chorus Send, Foot Controller 1,2,
Foot Switch, A,Function1,2, Breath Controller
- You can use Ball Motion Time to control the speed at which the ball moves.
You can press Reset to move the ball back to the center.
*For the detailed information please refer to the following URL.
*In order to have the WiFi connection, you need to get an OS updater for MOTIF XF from www.yamahasynth.com and buy a compatible Wi-Fi USB adapter.