MAQAM/ MAKAM – MODE App is a glossary which provides basic characteristics of four official music theory systems, as they are taught today, such as melodic formulas, intervallic and stem structures as well as music theory interval subdivisions.
This App provides for each selected makam/maqam - mode:
1. Its name (in English and in the language of its origin)
2. Its main characteristics (root, dominant tone(s), leading tones, direction)
3. Its intervallic structure (the intervals based on the corresponding music theory
4. Its stem structure (pentachord/ tetrachord subdivisions).
5. Its juxtaposition to those maqams/ makams – modes that belong to the three
other theory systems but share the same name and/or intervallic structure.
6. The option of listening to the frequency of each note based on the selected
tradition's interval subdivision.
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste