TL;DR: The app for unlimited solving of crosswords published online for Across Lite by major publishers and renowned authors.
Across Lite is hand-crafted with an eye for detail that only people who love both software and crosswords can create. Version 4 is state-of-the-art in features and aesthetics.
Since 1995, more crosswords are published for Across Lite than any other format. Loyal users have enjoyed our software for decades. Whether you are a beginner or a fanatical expert, you will be able to enjoy the best in crosswords daily.
If you find published puzzles difficult, you can purchase our highly acclaimed trainer crossword series inside the app.
INTRODUCTION: Across Lite is the de facto standard for publishing crosswords on the web - from newspapers such as The New York Times to independent authors - free or with subscription. The app includes a set of bookmarks to some of the well-known sources crosswords published for Across Lite. Downloading crosswords into Across Lite is easy. Puzzles can be downloaded and available to solve even when offline.
HIGHLIGHTS: People who have used Across Lite on any platform know there is nothing Lite about it. It has more user-friendly and advanced features than any other software out there.
In addition to Across Lite signature features that has set the standard such as pen and pencil modes, extensive check and reveal commands, or ink saver for printing, there are ground-breaking features that are much copied but never equaled:
- For the traditionalists, the unique Page View mode allows you to view and solve the crossword just like a printed crossword, the closest you can come to solving on paper. The List View provides the conventional computer-like interface for the gamers. But here is the best part - with single taps you can instantaneously switch back and forth between them allowing a type of solving never before possible. Once you get used to solving like this, nothing less will do.
- The app contains our original invention - SmartMove™ - which captures a method experts instinctively use to solve in a criss-cross manner leveraging previously entered letters. Use it for a while and you will develop that habit for fast and effective solving.
- Because no two solvers are alike, the app provides the most flexible and customizable interfaces. Both left-handed and right-handed people can find a layout that caters to them.
UPGRADE: We request serious solvers and those who appreciate our efforts to consider purchasing an upgrade from inside the app. The upgrade enables the following:
- An embedded web browser for easy downloading of puzzles
- A timer for those who wish to measure themselves.
- Ability to enter multiple characters for rebus puzzles.
- A unique color and contrast setting feature designed to reduce eye strain from looking at the traditional white background (perhaps because we, at Litsoft, are getting older!). It can be customized to personal tastes and to light conditions, so for example, solving in the dark does not turn you into a lighthouse for your spouse.
Just try it out and we are certain that over time you will discover and come to appreciate all the small touches we have embedded in the app.
NOTE about availability of crosswords:
- This app is a solver for independent crosswords published online in Across Lite format. Other than any crosswords for sale inside the app, it is NOT a supplier of crosswords.
- To respect a publishing site's terms of service and to avoid copyright infringement, it does NOT automatically fetch crosswords for you without visiting the site. Doing so is a violation of publisher copyrights and reputable software will not do this.
- It does NOT guarantee availability of crosswords from publishers who make their own decisions on availability and access including charging for them on their web sites.
If there are any problems with the access to crosswords on any site, please contact the site directly.
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste