This is a fully featured free app that teaches beginning readers
• how to read the sounds sh (/ʃ/) , ch (/tʃ/), th (/θ/, /ð/) and ng /ŋ/: helps to create phonemic awareness and to teach young readers how to read with synthetic phonics.
Its simple and child-friendly interface offers young learners an engaging way to master the essential skills of phonics: phonemic awareness, letter-sound relationship, blending and segmenting.
The complete version covers 8 lessons, which is designed to guide young readers to read in a systematic way. These lessons are:
Lesson 1: sh, ch, th, th, ng
Lesson 2: ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, oo
Lesson 3: ar, or, ur, ow, ow, oi
Lesson 4: ear, air, ure, ure, er
Lesson 5: ay, ou, ie, ea
Lesson 6: oy, ir, ue, aw
Lesson 7: wh, ph, ew, oe, au
Lesson 8: 15. a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e, u-e
At the end of the lesson, children will be able to:
• differentiate the sounds sh (/ʃ/) , ch (/tʃ/), th (/θ/, /ð/) and ng /ŋ/: in words (phonemic awareness)
• read out letters by their names and sounds (letter-sound relationship)
• apply phonics skills to read (decode) words
• apply phonics skills to spell (segment) words
• Easy-to-use, child-friendly interface
• Lessons taught in a systematic way, from simple to complex
• 28 fun phonics games
• High quality audio
• Does not require Internet access once downloaded
If you have suggestions on how we can improve this application, please send us your feedback. We value your input. It can make a world of difference to the learning experience of other learners using this app.