SOLO Hexagons is a strategy for enhancing higher order thinking and systems thinking.
Generate content (ideas and images) on the hexagons. Make links between the hexagons, annotating any links with reasons. Extend your thinking by making generalisations about the BIG IDEA in the clusters of hexagons.
Challenging others to extend their thinking is easy and fun! Simply share your hexagons, and challenge others to make connections and extend your ideas. Invite others to generate hexagons for you to connect and extend.
Use SOLO hexagons as a strategy to determine prior knowledge, scaffold student writing, conduct formative assessment, revise and or extend student thinking
SOLO Taxonomy - a model of learning.
- prestructural outcome – the learner has no relevant ideas on the hexagons
- unistructural outcome – the learner has one relevant idea on a hexagon – surface thinking
- multistructural outcome – the learner has many relevant ideas on the hexagons – surface thinking
- relational outcome – the learner has linked or related ideas on the hexagons – deep thinking
- extended abstract outcome – the learner has extended ideas about the clusters of hexagons – big picture conceptual thinking
Pro hodnocení programu se prosím nejprve přihlaste